About Higgenbotham Auctioneers
Established in 1959, Higgenbotham Auctioneers International is a full service auction company specializing in the sale and disposition of real estate on national and international levels. During our history, we have conducted virtually every type of real estate auction imaginable, including:
- High Rise Office Towers and Office Complexes
- Big Box Retail Stores and Strip Malls
- Walmart Supercenter Outlets
- Major Land Tracts: Waterfront, Subdivisions, Groves, Ranches, Commercial Acreage
- Condominiums: Commercial and Residential
- Executive and Trophy Homes
- Warehouses and Distribution Centers
- Schools, Museums and Lodges: Elks, Shriners, Moose, etc.
- Estates: Real Estate and Personal Property
- Coins / Currency
- Firearms (FFL Dealer)
- Business Liquidations
- Furniture, Fixtures and Equipment (FF&E)
- Vehicles (including RV’s and Classic Cars)
The Higgenbotham team is as diverse as it is large, with people who specialize in every facet of the operation. From auctioneers to real estate brokers and agents, and information coordinators to marketing professionals, no other firm has the team that Higgenbotham has assembled. A dedicated team of auction and real estate professionals will be focused on your property from day one to auction day. They are not only experienced, they are also passionate about service to our clients. The team will be with you every step of the way, answering your questions and keeping you up to date.
Since our inception, we have operated under the Higgenbotham family motto:
“By Aim and By Effort”
Since 1959 we have applied that same level of passion and dedication to the sale of your property at auction.
For further details and a Free Market Evaluation, call us at (800) 257-4161 or send us a message if you have questions.
Meet the Higgenbotham Founder
Martin (“Marty”) E. Higgenbotham
Founder and President
Marty founded Higgenbotham Auctioneers in 1959. Under his leadership, Higgenbotham Auctioneers has become one of the largest auction firms in America today. An innovator in his industry, Marty is a nationally recognized speaker in the field of auction marketing and related business management. In addition, he serves as a consultant to attorneys, trust departments, executors of estates, and financial institutions throughout the country. Marty’s business model provides a full service team concept made up of highly accomplished individuals in the auction field, assisted by a seasoned support staff. Some of his professional accomplishments include:
- National Auctioneers Association – Past President
- National Auctioneers Foundation – Past President and Chairman of the Board
- Florida Auctioneer’s Association – Life Member
- Certified Auctioneers Institute – Member – Founding Board of Governors and Instructor
- National Association of Realtors – Member, Auction Advisory Board
- Legislative Auction Committee – Member
- Lakeland Association of Realtors – Member
- Florida Association of Realtors
- National Association of Realtors
- CAI – Certified Auctioneer’s Institute, Indiana University, Bloomington, IN
- AARE – Accredited Auctioneer of Real estate, NAA Education Institute, Overland Park, KS
- CES – Certified Estate Specialist, NAA Education Institute, Overland Park, KS
Administrative Assistant, Business Development
Laura has worked in the purchase and sale of properties at auction for more than 16 years. She started her position with Higgenbotham as an auction manager providing coordination and completion of the due diligence process that leads to the creation of our comprehensive property information packages prepared for each and every property we sell. Since 2008 Laura has been the Administrative Assistant to the President, assisting with buyer inquiries, client coordination, and sales inquiries. Laura has been a Licensed Florida Real Estate Agent since 2005 and is a Member of the Mid-Florida Regional MLS (covers most of central Florida), Lakeland Association of Realtors, Florida Association of Realtors and National Association of Realtors.
Comptroller and Office Manager
Angie’s primary responsibilities include overseeing office operations and coordination; assisting with auction planning, execution, and follow through; human resource functions and oversees revenues, costs, operating budget and expenditures. Angie is also a licensed Florida Real Estate Agent.
Western Regional Director, Auctioneer and Broker
Chris has had an extensive career in the real estate development and auction business, covering over 25 years throughout the United States. Chris has been a key executive and manager in the land investment, development, construction, leasing and end marketing of over 9,500 residential single and multi-family units in 9 western states and participating in the auction of several hundred real estate assets. In his auction career, Chris has successfully been a project manager and team member of several multi-property auctions in California, Kansas, Texas and Louisiana. Chris is also a licensed California Real Estate Broker for over 30 years.
- MBA – Master of Business Administration, Real Estate and Urban Development, Golden Gate University, San Francisco, CA
- AARE – Accredited Auctioneer of Real Estate, NAA Education Institute, Overland Park, KS
- PRI – Profesional Ringmen’s Institute, Springfield, MO
- CAI, Certified Auctioneers Institute, Indiana University, National Auctioneers Association, Overland Park, KS
- AMM, Auction Marketing Management, National Auctioneers Association, Overland Park, KS
Gabrielle is the first point of contact for clients and buyers at Higgenbotham Auctioneers and is responsible for collecting, analyzing, processing and disseminating information on all of the auctions we hold. She assembles our transactional marketing reports, which include all buyer contact with the company prior to an auction as well as assembling the other data from advertising and marketing to complete these reports for our seller clients prior to our auction. These give our project managers and clients an accurate picture, before the auction, what is likely to happen at the auction and give us a basis for follow up to get the transactions closed on time. Gabrielle is expert on all MS Office programs and gets the information the company needs to do a great job for its clients and buyers.